Thursday, December 31, 2009

'word-of-the-year'

Last year, I came across Christine Kane's concept of choosing a 'word-of-the-year,' rather than making new year's resolutions. I loved the idea. My word accompanied me throughout 2009 and weaved itself through my life like a golden thread. Now, at the close of the year, I am thoroughly enjoying looking back and seeing in just how many ways my word has had meaning for me and how I've lived by it. My word for 2009 was authenticity.

I have a number of friends who have been doing the 'word-of-the-year,' as well, and it's been great checking in with each other about the meaning our words have held for us and what's transpired over the last 12 months. It's been exciting to hear about my friends' word choices for the year ahead, and I am already looking forward to the conversations we'll have at the end of 2010 when we look back on the year that's now to come!

Check out Christine Kane's blog for tips and ideas on how to choose your word for 2010!

Wishing you a smooth transition from this year to the next! May 2010 be your best year yet, and may you manifest your dreams, desires, visions, and aspirations!

2 comments:

Shawsu, Inc. said...

Great idea.....thank you for sharing the concept..... I'm going to relax and let a word come....

Alys said...

Excellent idea. And your word for 09 was a great choice. I'm thinking of one now for the year ahead.

With gratitude...