Sunday, October 26, 2008

a gratitude list

One of the best ways to cultivate an attitude of gratitude is to frequently write lists of things/people/elements of your life that you are grateful for. I am planning on regularly sharing highlights from my own life to inspire you to notice and appreciate all the special little things in yours!

Here is a list (by no means conclusive!) of things that have brought me joy this weekend:
  • beautiful, warm, California weather at the end of October

  • rocking out to my favorite tunes on my iPod while cleaning up my kitchen

  • the old gentleman I pass almost every day on my run, who is always out working in his garage, smoking his pipe, and who greets me with a warm, big smile every time I pass him (today, I actually interrupted my run to chat with him for a minute, rather than just wave and shout a greeting in passing... it's good to take time to slow down in life every once in a while!)

  • playing with my friend's adorable little kittens last night and remembering the joy I experienced as a little girl when I got to hold a purring cat

  • discovering a great new sushi restaurant and savoring a lovely dinner with friends

  • all the inspiring people in my life

  • entertaining dinner guests with my husband

  • my wonderful friends and family

  • working in a field I am passionate about

  • all the incredible people I've met and continue to meet along my way

  • the few moments just before dinner guests arrive, when everything is clean and neat and delicious smells come wafting from the kitchen

  • the satisfaction I get from having cleaned everything up at the end of a dinner party and going to bed knowing I will wake up to a clean kitchen

  • you, for reading my blog and giving me a purpose for writing it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice nice nice :)