Thursday, October 23, 2008

a vision statement for attracting your ideal partner

In my last post, I gave you a list of sample affirmations to include in your health vision. Today, I will offer you suggestions for a vision statement to attract your ideal partner into your life. You can also use this vision statement to improve the quality of a relationship you are currently in. If you are not quite sure where your current relationship is headed and have doubts about whether your partner is the right one for you, this vision will be very helpful, as well. Once you are clear on exactly what it is you want from a relationship and put your wishes out there to the universe, you can then let go of the need to rationally figure out what is best, and, instead, trust the universe to guide you in the right direction. You will either find that your current relationship will deepen and improve, or you will find other doors opening up for you and leading you in a different direction, laying the groundwork for a new and more fulfilling relationship.

Once you’ve created your vision statement, read over it daily and as often as possible. Then allow yourself to be open to signs that will point you in the right direction. You may turn on your car radio to hear a song playing that has particular relevance to you. You may run into an old acquaintance. A friend may invite you along to an outing on which you will meet someone of significance.

Signs may show up on license plates of cars stopped in front of you at the light, in TV shows or on billboard ads, in the form of books you stumble across by ‘coincidence,’ or in flyers that happen to catch your eye while you’re waiting for your drink at the coffee shop. There are countless ways in which the universe can communicate with us and grab our attention! You will be amazed at all the synchronicities that take place in your life if you just start to pay attention!

I think we’ve all experienced times when we have over-analyzed so-called signs. It is certainly possible to read more into them than there is to them. My advice is to maintain a relaxed attitude in the process, notice anything that shows up on your path, but don’t get overly attached. Most importantly, follow your gut instincts. Gut instincts make it really easy to determine if something is worth pursuing. If it gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, follow up on it! If it leaves you cold, then it is probably not of particular relevance to your life.

Again, take from the below affirmations those which resonate with you, leave out any statements that don’t feel important to you, and add anything else you can think of!


Vision for attracting your ideal partner

I am grateful for being in a relationship that is satisfying for both me and my partner on all levels: physcially, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually!

My partner...

(in no particular order of importance, though you may rank the importance in your own vision statement if you wish)

... is attentive to my needs and picks up on subtle clues.

... accepts me exactly as I am and supports me in accepting myself exactly as I am.

... loves me unconditionally; mind, body, and soul; and I love him/her unconditionally; mind, body, and soul.

... is physically attracted to me, and I am physically attracted to her/him.

... has a similar spiritual ideology to mine and shares my interests in personal/spiritual growth and development.

... enjoys spending time with my family, they with him/her, I with his/her family, and they with me.

... enjoys spending time with the same kinds of people I enjoy spending time with.

... enjoys the same kinds of movies and TV shows I enjoy.

... is financially secure and is able and willing to share her/his abundance with me.

... is ready to meet me and to commit to a loving and permanent relationship.

... lives within a […] mile radius of where I live or is willing to relocate.

... has time for us in his/her everyday life and enjoys spending his/her free time with me.

... has close friends outside of our relationship that she/he enjoys nourishing, growth-inspiring, quality interactions with, and encourages me to do the same.

... has the same wishes as I do for having children/creating a family/adopting/becoming a foster-parent.

... has values similar to mine when it comes to the education of children (if you’re planning to raise children with your partner).

... is loving, gentle, compassionate, and tender with me, (our children), and everyone she/he meets.

... pays attention to detail, is organized, clean, and neat, well-dressed and groomed.

... is honest, trustworthy, and courageous.

... sweeps me off my feet.

... has high personal integrity and fidelity to me at all times.

... is monogamous.

... honors and respects me, and lives his/her life in such a way that I want to honor and respect him/her.

... has a compatible secular education with mine.

... places similar value on academics, politics, social engagements, sports, exercise, health, nutrition, fine arts, (and/or anything else you can conceive of,) as I do.

... pays attention to her/his use of words and language and communicates in a kind and respectful manner.

... speaks [any languages that may be important to you, i.e. French, Russian, Farsi…].

... is generous with his/her money, time, and affection.

... has a close and fulfilling relationship with her/his family.

... is great with kids.

... makes me laugh.

... is handsome/beautiful and attractive, and will always be so in my eyes.

... is in excellent health; physically and emotionally.

... enjoys exercising together and spending time in nature together.

... is available, or willing to make him/herself available, promptly, to be in a relationship with me.

... enjoys the home we share and is dedicated to creating a living space we both feel warm, comfortable, and at home in.

... has friends and family who are respectful of our values, our lifestyle choices and our living space.

... encourages my vocational and spiritual work.

... has a delightful sense of humor.

... has a taste in music compatible with mine.

... enjoys going to concerts, theaters, or other performances with me.

... is proactive, talkative, outgoing, and open-minded.

... encourages me to live my life to its fullest and reach my greatest potential, all the while striving for the same in her/his own life.

... is orderly in his/her personal life with excellent personal hygiene.

... is totally free of any communicable and/or sexual diseases (or, at the very least, is open and honest about any diseases she/he has and is taking appropriate steps for treatment and self-care).

... has moved on emotionally and energetically from all prior romantic relationships.

... enjoys alcohol and other addictive substances only on occasion and in moderation (if at all), as her/his health and that of the people around her/him is of great importance to her/him.

... enjoys life and is passionate.

... accepts and supports my choices in life.

... values my opinion and consults me before making important decisions.

... has a healthy personal vision of him/herself, us as a couple, and his/her destiny with me.

... has a sense of charity, preservation and conservation.

... enjoys fostering our relationship on all levels; physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually.

... is able to satisfy me physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually; and I am equally able to satisfy her/him.

... has a sense of purpose in his/her life and is appreciated by those around him/her (including me).

... accepts my family and friends with a graceful attitude.

... her/his family accepts me graciously and supports our union.

... is willing to go out of his/her way to help others; with his/her family (including me), always being of primary importance.

... encourages me in the expression of my thoughts and emotions.

... listens to me with interest, focus, and attention.

... is available to me when I need her/him.

... returns my phone calls promptly.

... respects my time and meets me when he/she told me he/she would.

... is punctual and respects other people's time.

... is thoughtful and considerate.

... pleasantly surprises me with sweet, thoughtful gestures that come from the heart.

... likes to joke around, but knows when to be serious.

I think this should give you a good foundation to build on! Like I said, the more detail you can go into, in terms of values and the way you want to feel in your relationship, the better! Happy visualizing!

1 comment:

XDPATHS said...

This is exactly what I needed at exactly the right time...but you knew that. Thank you ;)